What initially seemed like an accident ended with a foster mom facing criminal charges.
Ashley Neal was fostering a 10-month-old infant. On Saturday, officers were called to a McDonald’s where they were told Neal had slipped, fallen and spilled a hot chocolate on the baby.
However, police revealed that surveillance footage from the restaurant shows Neal pouring the 150-degree drink on the infant’s head, step forward, then try to fall before bracing herself.
Neal told officers she doesn’t remember what happened.
The 10-month-old is reportedly recovering at a hospital as Neal awaits her court date.