TARC executive director Ferdinand Risco Jr. resigned Wednesday morning after several women accused Risco of sexual misconduct.
Mayor Greg Fischer said an interim director will be named soon, and a search for a permanent director will begin.
Attorney Thomas Clay said six women approached him over the weekend with allegations against Risco, which included “inappropriate touching, transmitting photographs of his organ, and sexually suggestive texts.” Clay said at this time he is not representing any of the women, which include former and current TARC employees along with an independent contractor, but he did write an email to Fischer’s chief of staff Monday detailing these accusations.
Risco joined TARC in 2017 but was only appointed by Fischer to the full-time executive director position in April last year.
Risco and TARC have also been at the center of controversy in the past two weeks after a dispute between contracted drivers for the TARC3 paratransit service led to some clients being stranded without rides. TARC is in the middle of transitioning from First Transit to MV Transportation as the TARC3 service provider.